The suggestion is that entrepreneurs have different characteristics that help them succeed in their tasks. Based on international research that identified five profiles.
After my time in 2005 at Boston University – Entrepreneurial Institute, and around the Boston ecosystem, it was observations I made there that was the starting point in my research within Entreprenology (very latest available here The Journal of Applied Psychiatry
Later in the years of around 2007, I came up with my first thoughts, and later on, the first embryo that there could be a sixth one. It is this research that led to the world’s first Entrepreneur Profile Test that was launched in 2010
What type of entrepreneur are you?
The Own Business Fair, 2010 in Stockholm Sweden saw the launch of the – Entrepreneur Profile Test – a questionnaire that helps determine which of 6 entrepreneur profiles or archetypes as we have chosen to call them, you are closest to.
Entrepreneurs have different characteristics that make them succeed with their tasks. Based on international research that identified five profiles, entreprenologist and international consultant Stefan Lindstrom, later on in 2009, presented his research at the International Conference of Thinking in Kuala Lumpur a sixth archetype: The Workstyle profile or The 6th entrepreneurial workstyle archetype.
Lindstrom, together with licensed psychologist Hans-Olle Frummerin, then over the years from 2008 to 2010 created the Entrepreneurial Profile Test – EPT based on all six archetypes.
What can you get out of the Entrepreneur Profile Test?
By creating an image of how you work in your entrepreneurial role, you get an idea of your strengths and weaknesses and the development opportunities available to you.
The test offers you a rich perspective on your character as an entrepreneur.
That way, you can become an even better entrepreneur and more aware of your full capacity. You also get a better understanding of why you do what you do and why you are where you are today and maybe even what direction you want to go next.
How can you get the most out of the test ?
Also info about this on Q&A , but first – how can one get the most out of the test results?
If you have not done the test while reading this please notice
After you have received your Result you will find an extra insight page to go for those who want to get even more insight and improvement – therefore at the bottom on your personal profile you can there click on – More about your improvement.
Why do we do this?
- By improving self-awareness and find out motivation factors and opportunities for improvements the entrepreneur can improve themselves and thereby their companies as well as better understand how to encourage both entrepreneurship and economic development and growth.
- We all recognize that improving self-awareness can be extremely helpful to entrepreneurs who wish to improve their performance and that of their companies.
- Developing a successful company requires the development of the organization. For an entrepreneurial company, this process needs to start with the entrepreneur, or as our research says, the entrepreneur needs to develop oneself.
- But gaining the insights necessary for this development is not easy. We have therefore developed a set of profiles, enabled by our research, which greatly facilitates the process of identifying and motivating the development.
- You also get a personality profile, which you can use in your personal development, as well as in team-development, recruiting, personnel development, HR, Coaching, Mentoring, etc.
- Self-awareness increases one’s ability.
- Good luck and enjoy your results, reading, and your development!
Stefan Lindstrom & Hans Olle Frummerin. © 2010.
More history follows.
Stefan Lindstrom’s research on entrepreneurship has aroused interest worldwide.
Very latest research here together with Hans-Olle again. The Journal of Applied Psychiatry
Stefan has talked at TEDx https://www.ted.com/talks/stefan_lindstrom_what_s_so_special_about_entrepreneurs
This talk is about the answer to the question: What makes an entrepreneur? based on studies and experience. Different types of entrepreneurs with different backgrounds and motivations, and with different impacts and results. Common characteristics of the different archetypes. And brings up Lindstrom’s latest research within birth order and education levels among these 6 different EPT test – archetypes.
Stefan has also worked as a teacher at the International School of Sales and lectures at colleges and universities. He was also one of the most appreciated speakers at The International Conference on Thinking in Norrkoping in 2007, and again at the follow-up conference in Kuala Lumpur in 2009, and also at The ICOT in Belfast 2011 , Speakers and Biogs.
The conference is the world’s premier assembly to present ideas on a wide scope of topics. Speakers present talks on education, leadership, business, health & medicine, science and technology, the environment, and the humanities. The International Conference on Thinking is operated by a U.S. committee headed by David Perkins, professor of education at Harvard University.
Lindstrom himself is an entrepreneur who became interested in how people like managers & leaders, and especially entrepreneurs, work and think.
He presents his ideas on how one can benefit from their experience in the business world and for individual development as well as personnel and organizational development.
Lindstrom has also developed learning programs for a variety of businesses and organizations over the years.
During the late 90s, Lindstrom participated as a lecturer and was an inspiration for the SAF’s (now Confederation of Swedish Enterprise) project “Start your own ”. The goal of that conference was to disseminate knowledge about entrepreneurship throughout Sweden. Lindstrom has also lectured at Stockholm University.
In 2005 he lived in the United States for study and research at the Entrepreneurial Management Institute at Boston University School of Management.
– Thank you, Mr. Peter Russo – former Director of Entrepreneurial Institute, Boston University School of Management for all your help through all these years of my studying and guiding me on my research – entrepreneurs and “how they think” that help me to figure out the 6th archetype (workstyle) that was later launched at The International Conference on Thinking in 2011. That also gave me the privilege to contribute with these six archetypes in my TEDx talks in April 2018 where you were of big help and support!
It has been an honor to work with you / Stefan L
EPT- EntrepreneurProfileTest – is developed by Stefan Lindström, specialist in entrepreneurial management, and Hans-Olle Frummerin, licensed psychologist, after an idea by Nicklas Mattsson at the time (launched 2010) editor in chief of the Swedish magazine Entreprenör.
EPT – is based on research about entrepreneurs like Stefan Lindstrom, both studied and observed in his research and himself contributed to. Furthermore, it has been updated by him in 2017 as well as launched in English 2020.
© 2010-2020 Stefan Lindstrom